Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the United World Republic! Post all related topics here!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clan-Wide Tournament

Go down 
+5
Telephant[W]
Beelzebub[W]
IG0tskill99[W]
Tyrael
Type-99
9 posters

Is this a good idea?
Yes
Clan-Wide Tournament I_vote_lcap100%Clan-Wide Tournament I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 4 ]
No
Clan-Wide Tournament I_vote_lcap0%Clan-Wide Tournament I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Type-99
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Type-99

Clan-Wide Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Clan-Wide Tournament   Clan-Wide Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 7:33 pm

Just a thought. A clan-wide tournament might help boost activity and add motivation for practicing. This could be held on a regular basis and help improve the overal skill of the clan. This thread isn't to discuss the details but rather whether it's a good idea.
EDIT: Maybe not the entire clan (too much of a hassle) but active members
Back to top Go down
Tyrael
Enlisted
Enlisted

PostSubject: Re: Clan-Wide Tournament   Clan-Wide Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:36 pm

It is a good idea, but i think it would be better off waiting a week or two to ensure we have the numbers to produce a good turn out
Back to top Go down
Type-99
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Type-99

PostSubject: Re: Clan-Wide Tournament   Clan-Wide Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:10 pm

Tyrael wrote:
It is a good idea, but i think it would be better off waiting a week or two to ensure we have the numbers to produce a good turn out
I wasn't suggesting we try and plan/do it immediately, just suggesting that sometime in the near future it would be a good idea to have one and maybe even continue to do it on a regular basis (like every three months or something)
Glad you think it's a good idea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IG0tskill99[W]
Enlisted
Enlisted
IG0tskill99[W]

PostSubject: Re: Clan-Wide Tournament   Clan-Wide Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:42 pm

I think it's a great idea.
Back to top Go down
Beelzebub[W]
Officer
Officer
Beelzebub[W]

PostSubject: Re: Clan-Wide Tournament   Clan-Wide Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 4:02 am

A good idea indeed, but until we have enough hands to spare, it will have to be held back. I predict by the end of June we should see our first in-clan tourney.
Back to top Go down
Telephant[W]
Admin
Admin
Telephant[W]

PostSubject: Re: Clan-Wide Tournament   Clan-Wide Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:49 pm

It would be good except for the fact that we don't have as many members to run an entire tourney yet.
Back to top Go down
http://clan-uwr.com
A1a3a1
Recruit
Recruit
A1a3a1

PostSubject: Re: Clan-Wide Tournament   Clan-Wide Tournament I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:33 pm

It is a good idea. But you need to have a good member base to hold a successful tournament.
Back to top Go down
http://www.BnetDev.net
Beelzebub[W]
Officer
Officer
Beelzebub[W]

PostSubject: Re: Clan-Wide Tournament   Clan-Wide Tournament I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:32 pm

as i said before, its a good idea but it will have to be put off untill we have a sufficient amount members to hold and manage it
Back to top Go down
Jman23[W]
Enlisted
Enlisted
Jman23[W]

PostSubject: Re: Clan-Wide Tournament   Clan-Wide Tournament I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:19 am

I would have to agree with Telephant about this one, I think that it's a really good idea but, as Telephant said, we simply do not have enough members for this yet. Maybe in a week or two sure.
Back to top Go down
Telephant[W]
Admin
Admin
Telephant[W]

PostSubject: Re: Clan-Wide Tournament   Clan-Wide Tournament I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:22 am

As most tournaments, when we can conjure up 16 active gaming members at the same time, then we can definitely do it.

Tournaments and other types of clan luxuries can only be supported if you have the member power to perform such an event. I hope this has set goals for our gamers to seek out and recruit other good gamers, in hope of expanding this clan's skill level.
Back to top Go down
LaQ
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Clan-Wide Tournament   Clan-Wide Tournament I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:31 pm

And we would have to have one for low and fastest, cause I for one will not play fastest.
Back to top Go down
Type-99
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Type-99

PostSubject: Re: Clan-Wide Tournament   Clan-Wide Tournament I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 7:15 pm

LaQ wrote:
And we would have to have one for low and fastest, cause I for one will not play fastest.
An idea I had would be to integrate some fastest maps into the pool and have each player choose one map to eliminate. So for example, 3 fastest maps, 4 low money maps. In a 1v1 in which both play low money, they might both eliminate a fastest map leaving 4 low money games and 1 fastest. In a low money player vs a fastest player, there would be 2 fastest and 3 low money. In a match between fastest players, 3 fastest games would be played and 2 low money. I personally don't think it's a good idea/solution and would prefer two seperate tournaments but it might be interesting how low money players fare vs fastest players on fastest and vice versa :/
Back to top Go down
Tyrael
Enlisted
Enlisted

PostSubject: Re: Clan-Wide Tournament   Clan-Wide Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:42 am

i believe keeping them seperate is better and aslong as you got the members, aint hard to achieve. Putting them together is like having a EM Dota player versing a non EM on a non EM setting. they aint going to stand much of a chance and therefor little competition.
Back to top Go down
ToXiC
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
ToXiC

PostSubject: Re: Clan-Wide Tournament   Clan-Wide Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:06 pm

I would have to say separate as well. Totally different style of play.
Back to top Go down
Telephant[W]
Admin
Admin
Telephant[W]

PostSubject: Re: Clan-Wide Tournament   Clan-Wide Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:04 pm

Then you're looking for 32 members if you playing 16 bracket style. lol. people can participate in both?
Back to top Go down
Type-99
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Type-99

PostSubject: Re: Clan-Wide Tournament   Clan-Wide Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:15 pm

Telephant[W] wrote:
Then you're looking for 32 members if you playing 16 bracket style. lol. people can participate in both?
Who are you replying to? Your post doesn't make sense to me Sad
maybe I'm just dumb :/
Back to top Go down
Telephant[W]
Admin
Admin
Telephant[W]

PostSubject: Re: Clan-Wide Tournament   Clan-Wide Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:23 pm

Two different tourneys? One fastest, and one low. If each was the average 16 man bracket style, that's 32 spots to fill.
Back to top Go down
Type-99
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Type-99

PostSubject: Re: Clan-Wide Tournament   Clan-Wide Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:32 pm

Telephant[W] wrote:
Two different tourneys? One fastest, and one low. If each was the average 16 man bracket style, that's 32 spots to fill.
Well, there are many people who play both low money and fastest so it's not quite as many as 32 but yeah it's still a lot of people Neutral
Back to top Go down
ToXiC
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
ToXiC

PostSubject: Re: Clan-Wide Tournament   Clan-Wide Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:55 pm

Why not do an 8 and 8...If not, have first round byes. Figure it out when the time comes. We should set one up. Get a sign-up sheet going, and go from there.
Back to top Go down
salad_ba

PostSubject: Re: Clan-Wide Tournament   Clan-Wide Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:35 am

this is a awsome idea i would play in both if we had this going
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clan-Wide Tournament   Clan-Wide Tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clan-Wide Tournament
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Discussion-
Jump to: