Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the United World Republic! Post all related topics here!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Avalon MSL Group Selections

Go down 
2 posters

Most interesting group?
Group A
Avalon MSL Group Selections I_vote_lcap8%Avalon MSL Group Selections I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Group B
Avalon MSL Group Selections I_vote_lcap17%Avalon MSL Group Selections I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Group C
Avalon MSL Group Selections I_vote_lcap17%Avalon MSL Group Selections I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Group D
Avalon MSL Group Selections I_vote_lcap8%Avalon MSL Group Selections I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Group E
 8% [ 1 ]
Group F
 17% [ 2 ]
Group G
 8% [ 1 ]
Group H
 17% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
~LocKeD~
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Avalon MSL Group Selections Empty
PostSubject: Avalon MSL Group Selections   Avalon MSL Group Selections I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:22 pm

For those of you that wants to follow the Korean Pro Scene, or for people that just wants to know the new MSL's groups, here they are:

Group A: Luxury HwaSin HiyA EffOrt

Group B: Jangbi Bisu free Kal

Group C: Stork Shine PianO Kwanro

Group D: ZerO sKyHigh Sea Calm

Group E: NaDa Iris Horang2 UpMaGiC

Group F: Leta fantasy Jaedong Movie

Group G: sAviOr Canata Flash go.go

Group H: fOrGG Much firebathero Pure

Red - Zerg
Green - Protoss
Blue - Terran

This for you guys to discuss the groups and the players outcome. From each group, 2 players would be able to make it out, so there will be a total of 16 pro gamers, thus beginning the Round of 16.

Format:
Game 1 - Player vs Player
Game 2 - Player vs Player
Winner's Match - Winner of Game 1 vs Winner of Game 2

(Loser's Match and Final Match will be played on different days)
Loser's Match - Loser of Game 1 vs Loser of Game 2
Final Match - Loser of Winner's Match vs Winner of Loser's Match

Last edited by ~LocKeD~ on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
~LocKeD~
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

PostSubject: Re: Avalon MSL Group Selections   Avalon MSL Group Selections I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:36 pm

Picks:

A - EffOrt and HwaSin
B - Bisu and Jangbi
C - Stork and PianO
D - ZerO and Sea
E - UpMaGiC and Horang2
F - Jaedong and Leta
G - FlaSh and sAviOr
H - Pure and firebathero

I would love it if Luxury can make it out of his group... but two S class Terrans and a rising Zerg is in his group. Plus, the fact that he is in a big slump right now doesn't help his situation.

I think PianO will make it, because he's one of the new up and coming Terrans, such as sKyHigh so I want to see more of him. I didn't pick sKyHigh because he has way too much competition in his group. Sea might not have won any leagues, but he's very experienced and really good, also with Calm. ZerO made it to the semifinals last MSL, so he the potential to do it again.

No fantasy, because Group F is the group of death. Leta and Jaedong are the two monsters in ProLeague and they're on fire. Movie defeated Jaedong once in ProLeague but lost to him 2-1 in the GomTV Classic Season 3, so I'm not expecting much out of him.

FlaSh is a no brainer, he's just so good and he can win when he has to. sAviOr made it to the Round of 8 last time, and hopefully he can make it further in this MSL.

Group H has all the players that were S class players once in their lifetime. firebathero is on a slump right now, losing to different players, and people unheard of (it's probably the mustache). Pure was a monster in last season's ProLeague. Much was one of the three Protoss' during 2005-2006 that were always winning games. And fOrGG was a MSL winner two seasons ago, defeating his ex-teammate Jaedong. It was hard to pick, but Pure has been coming back lately, and I think even though firebathero's in a slump, he'll end up beating the even more slumping fOrGG and the old, exhausted Much.
Back to top Go down
Type-99
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Type-99

PostSubject: Re: Avalon MSL Group Selections   Avalon MSL Group Selections I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 4:39 pm

Group A: Luxury HwaSin HiyA EffOrt
Group Picks: HwaSin, EffOrt
After watching Luxury get utterly dismantled by go.go in the Ro36 of the OSL I'm fairly certain that he won't pose much of a ZvT threat. That being said Luxury is also currently experiencing a ZvZ slump so I'm pretty much discarding him. This leaves HwaSin who luckily is grouped with 2 zergs and no protosses which allows his ridiculous TvZ to shine (not to mention HiyA's extremely meh TvT), HiyA who has to play his 2 worst match ups and EffOrt who has won 11 of his last 12 ZvT's and 6 of his last 9 ZvZ's (losses to Yarnc and Jaedong)
I think the choice is clear
Group B: Jangbi Bisu free Kal

Group C: Stork Shine PianO Kwanro

Group D: ZerO sKyHigh Sea Calm

Group E: NaDa Iris Horang2 UpMaGiC

Group F: Leta fantasy Jaedong Movie

Group G: sAviOr Canata Flash go.go

Group H: fOrGG Much firebathero Pure

Incomplete, will update later when I have time
Back to top Go down
~LocKeD~
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

PostSubject: Re: Avalon MSL Group Selections   Avalon MSL Group Selections I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:39 pm

Note: Luxury was last season's MSL winner; Bisu was the winner of the MSL two season's ago, earning his 3rd win; the Loser's Match and the Final Match will be played on another day; on different days, two groups will play; these games are played in Korea, therefore, the results will come a day earlier; games and results are from http://www.teamliquid.net and http://www.sc2gg.com

(June 11th, 2009)
Group A:

Luxury vs HwaSin @ Heartbreak Ridge - Luxury
EffOrt vs HiyA @ Carthage 3 - EffOrt
Luxury vs EffOrt @ Outsider - EffOrt advances to Round of 16
HwaSin vs HiyA @ Outsider - HwaSin [HiyA is eliminated]
Luxury vs HwaSin @ Byzantium 3 - HwaSin advances to Round of 16 [Luxury is eliminated]

Group B:

Bisu vs Jangbi @ Byzantium 3 - Jangbi
Kal vs free @ Outsider - Kal
Jangbi vs Kal @ Carthage 3 - Kal advances to Round of 16
Bisu vs free @ Carthage 3 - Bisu [free is eliminated]
Bisu vs Jangbi @ Heartbreak Ridge - Bisu advances to Round of 16 [Jangbi is eliminated]

(June 13th, 2009)
Group C:

Stork vs Shine @ Heartbreak Ridge - Shine
PianO vs Kwanro @ Outsider - PianO
Shine vs PianO @ Byzantium 3 - PianO advances to Round of 16
Stork vs Kwanro @ Byazantium 3 - Kwarno [Stork is eliminated]
Kwarno vs Shine @ Carthage 3 - Kwanro advances to Round of 16 [Shine is eliminated]

Group D:

ZerO vs sKyHigH @ Outsider - ZerO
Sea vs Calm @ Byzantium 3 - Calm
ZerO vs Calm @ Carthage 3 - Calm advances to Round of 16
sKyHigH vs Sea @ Carthage 3 - sKyHigH [Sea is eliminated]
sKyHigH vs ZerO @ Heartbreak Ridge - ZerO advances to Round of 16 [sKyHigH is eliminated]

(June 18th, 2009)
Group E:
NaDa vs IriS @ Byzantium 3 - IriS
Horang2 vs UpMaGiC @ Carthage 3 - UpMaGiC
IriS vs UpMaGiC @ Heartbreak Ridge - IriS advances to Round of 16
NaDa vs Horang2 @ Heartbreak Ridge - Horang2 [NaDa is eliminated]
UpMaGiC vs Horang2 @ Outsider - UpMaGiC advances to Round of 16 [Horang2 is eliminated]

Group F:
Leta vs fanTaSy @ Carthage 3 - fanTaSy
Jaedong vs Movie @ Heartbreak Ridge - Movie
fanTaSy vs Movie @ Outsider - fanTaSy advances to Round of 16
Leta vs Jaedong @ Outsider - Jaedong[Leta is eliminated]
Jaedong vs Movie @ Byzantium 3 - Jaedong advances to Round of 16 [Movie is eliminated]

(June 20th, 2009)
Group G:
sAviOr vs Canata @ Heartbreak Ridge - Canata
FlaSh vs go.go @ Outsider - FlaSh
Canata vs FlaSh @ Byzantium 3 - FlaSh advances to Round of 16
sAviOr vs go.go @ Byzantium 3 - sAviOr [go.go is eliminated]
Canata vs sAviOr @ Carthage 3 - Canata advances to Round of 16 [sAviOr is eliminated]

Group H:
Much vs fOrGG @ Outsider - fOrGG
FireBatHero vs Pure @ Byzantium 3 - Pure
fOrGG vs Pure @ Carthage 3 - Pure advances to Round of 16
Much vs FireBatHero @ Carthage 3 - Much [FireBatHero is eliminated]
Much vs fOrGG @ Heartbreak Ridge - fOrGG advances to Round of 16 [Much is eliminated]

Last edited by ~LocKeD~ on Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:09 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Type-99
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Type-99

PostSubject: Re: Avalon MSL Group Selections   Avalon MSL Group Selections I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 7:02 pm

~LocKeD~ wrote:
Note: Luxury was last season's MSL winner; Bisu was the winner of the MSL two season's ago, earning his 3rd win; the Loser's Match and the Final Match will be played on another day; on different days, two groups will play; these games are played in Korea, therefore, the results will come a day earlier; games and results are from http://www.teamliquid.net and http://www.sc2gg.com

(June 11th, 2009)
Group A:

Luxury vs HwaSin @ Heartbreak Ridge - Luxury
EffOrt vs HiyA @ Carthage 3 - EffOrt
Luxury vs EffOrt @ Outsider - EffOrt advances to Round of 16

Group B:

Bisu vs Jangbi @ Byzantium 3 - Jangbi
Kal vs free @ Outsider - Kal
Jangbi vs Kal @ Carthage 3 - Kal advances to Round of 16

(June 13th, 2009)
Group C:

Stork vs Shine @ Heartbreak Ridge - Shine
PianO vs Kwanro @ Outsider - PianO
Shine vs PianO @ Byzantium 3 - PianO advances to Round of 16

Group D:

ZerO vs sKyHigH @ Outsider - ZerO
Sea vs Calm @ Byzantium 3 - Calm
ZerO vs Calm @ Carthage 3 - Calm advances to Round of 16
god damnit... MSL has been raping my liquibet Sad
Back to top Go down
~LocKeD~
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

PostSubject: Re: Avalon MSL Group Selections   Avalon MSL Group Selections I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 12:39 pm

Haha, I have no minerals in gosugamers.net Sad
Back to top Go down
~LocKeD~
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

PostSubject: Re: Avalon MSL Group Selections   Avalon MSL Group Selections I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:50 pm

Quote :
A - EffOrt and HwaSin
B - Bisu and Jangbi
C - Stork and PianO
D - ZerO and Sea
E - UpMaGiC and Horang2
F - Jaedong and Leta

Well, currently, my picks are doing alright...

EffOrt did advance to the Round of 16 with superior skill over his group members.

Stork didn't advance first like I had expected him to, but he probably will end up moving on in the Loser's Match, defeating Kwanro and laying revenge on Shine.

Calm definetly surprised me a bit. I knew he was doing real well in ProLeague, but making some clever builds... (Example: Fast 2 Hatchery Hive)... Sea played horribly against Calm so I don't expect him to move on. sKyHigH is gonna have to come out of the limelight and know that he isn't the best player in the world if we wants to come anywhere near ZerO.

IriS, wow... Some background info on IriS, he was a finalist in an OSL about three years ago, winning the first two games, but losing the next three to GGPlay. IriS didn't do much that I can remember well, except getting his ass raped by Jaedong in the Winner's League Finals. I expected NaDa to beat him on pure skill, since IriS's aggressiveness isn't what it used to be. I still think that Horang2 will make it as the second player in the group, pretty much because he's the next Nal_rA.

When Jaedong lost to Movie, I wasn't, honestly, surprised. Movie had already defeated Jaedong and came into the match being 2-2 lifetime against The Tyrant. Movie did what he had to do, go with a agressive play timing attack. It worked perfectly. fanTaSy is just a monster right now... With two of the best Terran's to have ever played Starcraft mentoring him, fanTaSy will dominate. I'm expecting Leta to come up as the second pick, because Jaedong must be taking a pretty big shock from losing to a Protoss besides Bisu. Sure, Leta lost to Jaedong already, but that was due to a mistake he made by not repairing a bunker with a SCV, but rather putting the SCV into the bunker.
Back to top Go down
~LocKeD~
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

PostSubject: Re: Avalon MSL Group Selections   Avalon MSL Group Selections I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:20 am

Notes:

Both finalists from last season's MSL has been eliminated in the Final Match of their groups.

Bisu, once again, defeats Jangbi in the final game. This has happened four times; Clubday MSL Finals, GomTV Avaratec-Intel Classic Season 2, ACE Match in ProLeague, and now, Avalon MSL Final Match.

Stork fails to get pass his group for the first time in his career in the MSL.

ZerO gets to the Round of 16 from the Final Match again, last season defeating maGma, losing to sAviOr, and defeating Bisu.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avalon MSL Group Selections   Avalon MSL Group Selections I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avalon MSL Group Selections
Page 1 of 1