Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the United World Republic! Post all related topics here!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Skill Levels

Go down 
+3
Beelzebub[W]
IG0tskill99[W]
Type-99
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Type-99
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Type-99

Skill Levels Empty
PostSubject: Skill Levels   Skill Levels I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:48 am

I would like everyone to evaluate themselves and assign ratings to each of their match ups on a scale from zero to ten (ten being sAviOr in his prime, zero being a complete noob). If you play on iCCup, an iCCup rank and record would be nice too (also, if your Battle.Net name is different from your forum name, please specify in your post). I believe this will help make the clan more orginized and help new members find training partners faster and more efficiently even if haven't played with most of their clan mates yet. It's also nice to have an overview of the clan's skill level.
here's mine
PvT:2.25 I'm pretty bad at PvT. I can dance my dragoons around in early game but late game I just can't keep my expantions safe from vulture raids and my push/contain breaking is horrendous
PvZ:2.25 I'm bad at PvZ. I always seem to forget something and zerg tend to abuse my poor scouting. I tend to turtle also.
PvP:2.75 My best match up. I have an alright game sense when it comes to the match up and my macro is pretty good. However, my reaver micro is absolutely horrendous which often leaves me in bad situations.
iCCup: D (soon to be D-), 0-2 (I'm uhTTiLa on iCCup by the way)
Type-99[W] @ U.S. East
I realise I don't really hold the authority to make anyone do this but I think it will be beneficial to the clan and I don't see why anyone wouldn't be able to spend about a minute evaluating themselves and then posting.
Note: If you don't play on iCCup, I highly reccomend it. Mass gaming with people around your skill level without a lot of hassle in finding opponents is great for practicing.
NOTE: If you have the time, please go back and edit your posts to add a short summary of why you gave yourself a certain rating (include strengths/weaknesses) and if you improve in any of your match ups, edit your post to reflect that. Thank you very much.
EDIT: Changed the range from 1-10 to 0-10
EDIT2: Added summary

Last edited by Type-99 on Mon May 25, 2009 5:30 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Type-99
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Type-99

Skill Levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill Levels   Skill Levels I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 1:32 pm

Also, these assesments should be of your 1v1 low money skills. If you only play fastest please post in the other thread I made
Just to make it clear:
0=Absolutely clueless, no micro, no macro, no game sense, doesn't know any build orders at all
1-2=Knows some build orders, knows what kind of units to build, mechanics and game sense are still lacking
3=Knows the build orders for the match up, has a basic understanding of the match up and has decent mechanics but doesn't have timing/game sense
4-5=Knows build orders, the match up, alright game sense, alright mechanics but nothing good/great
6=Pretty good everything
7=Good everything
8=Pro foreigner
9=B-Class pro gamer
10=Your name is Lee Jae Dong (S-Class pro)
In terms of iCCup rankings
0-2=D-
3=D-D+
4-5=C range
6-7= B ish
8=A- B+-A-
9-10=A-Olympic
EDIT: just for reference, most players on U.S. East are in the 1-3 range

Last edited by Type-99 on Mon May 25, 2009 5:30 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
IG0tskill99[W]
Enlisted
Enlisted
IG0tskill99[W]

Skill Levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill Levels   Skill Levels I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 5:07 pm

ZvZ:3
PvP:3
TvT:2.5
TvP:2
TvZ:1.5
ZvP:3

Last edited by IG0tskill99[W] on Mon May 18, 2009 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beelzebub[W]
Officer
Officer
Beelzebub[W]

Skill Levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill Levels   Skill Levels I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 7:52 pm

ZvP: 2.5
ZvT: 1.75
ZvZ: .5
TvP: 0 XD
TvT: 4
PvP: 2

happy now, Type? I'll play you when i get around to it ^^

Last edited by Skippy[W] on Sun May 17, 2009 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Qwazes
Recruit
Recruit

Skill Levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill Levels   Skill Levels I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 1:29 am

My Skill: Fail. 0.5

I fail better than anyone I know! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jman23[W]
Enlisted
Enlisted
Jman23[W]

Skill Levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill Levels   Skill Levels I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:16 am

PvP - 6
PvT - 5.5
PvZ - 6

TvP - 5
TvT - 4
TvZ - 6

ZvZ - 4
ZvT - 4
ZvP - 4

I've played on ICCup a few seasons in the past and my high is B 1;1 and B- 2;2.
Back to top Go down
~LocKeD~
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Skill Levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill Levels   Skill Levels I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 1:06 pm

TvT - 6 My TvT is fairly alright, because I play pretty aggressive, and my dropship play is considerably good and my macro can definetly keep up with my attacks.
TvZ - 8 My marine control is probably the only micro I have, but it's pretty good. I have really good hand speed (Had a 370 APM game) and I can keep up with the entire hotkeys. My SK Terran is really strong, because I'm more aggressive Terran so I go fast 4rax instead of 2rax into Factory, so I can defend 2hatch mutas fairly easy.
TvP - 5 My worst matchup... not much to say about this. I basically suck at TvP because my scouting should be constant, which it's not. My timing sense is horrible, moving out when their positioned units are already ready for a good positioned attack/flank. I play way too conservative in TvP, picking up expos, and moving out a little just to defend it.

PvT - 4 I'm always scared of 2 tanks getting rid of a dragoon, so I always stay WAY back in so-called contains. I pretty much do no harass whatsoever, and when the T is harassing me, I pretty much wait until nearly all my probes are dead to transfer them.
PvP - 4 The only thing in PvP that could probably keep me alive is my Reaver micro, which isn't what is used to be anyways. My dragoon micro is nothing stellar, so speedlots can do a lot of damage. Also, I usually lose a lot due to typical DT rushes.
PvZ - 7 My vZ's are probably the best matchups for all races for me. Zerg's that are not familiar to my playing style will probably lose 90% of the time. I'm a more of a air-domination player, because Zerg's need the air control, otherwise they won't be able to make any units because of their overlord count being down. My mostly used strategy is the Corsair/Reaver build, which is simple, in my opinion.

ZvZ - 2
ZvP - 4
ZvT - 4

(Terran is main race)
Edit: I'll just talk about Terran and Protoss. I haven't really played Zerg long enough to see what my weakness and strengths are.

Last edited by Locked on Sun May 31, 2009 9:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
XPQJ[W]
Enlisted
Enlisted
XPQJ[W]

Skill Levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill Levels   Skill Levels I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 8:52 pm

TvT - 2
TvZ - 3
TvP - 2

PvT - 3
PvP - 4
PvZ - 3

ZvZ - 5
ZvP - 4
ZvT - 3

Zerg is main race and i hate vsing terran
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content