Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the United World Republic! Post all related topics here!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Recruitment

Go down 
+4
Beelzebub[W]
Type-99
XPQJ[W]
ToXiC
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ToXiC
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
ToXiC

Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Recruitment   Recruitment I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:06 pm

Hello UWR,

A non-member came into the channel this morning and was looking to join UWR. He simply asked "Is there a tryouy?" and I explained to him we don't have a tryout and we accept all members of B.NET. This is somewhat "unattractive" to some people on B.NET. This person said "With no tryout, you could get a bad teammate."

Please keep this in mind. Clans are not always about skill and winning. I was, and still am a noob. I join clans and game with members and try to get better, and help others get better as well.

With that said, maybe we can find an alternative to a "test" to allow members to feel like they belong here rather than "let in." Feel free to post some suggestions.

Thank You!

~ToXiK
Back to top Go down
XPQJ[W]
Enlisted
Enlisted
XPQJ[W]

Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment   Recruitment I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 1:37 pm

mm why not have tryouts for certain positions, such as clan realations/recruiting test, to be some sort of social apperence test, a melee test for players, and if a player fails the melee test add them in the enlisted rank while if they pass they can start as a warrent officer. Creating the test for not only joining but the test to move from enlisted to warrent officer.
Back to top Go down
Type-99
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Type-99

Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment   Recruitment I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 4:55 pm

Back when I helped run/ran a clan we had a "tryout" which was more of a ritual than an actual test. Usually this involved a game on python which I obsed. Wasn't really much of a test as the person being tested usually got curb stomped but we let him/her in anyway (unless they did something retarded like base lifting)
Back to top Go down
Beelzebub[W]
Officer
Officer
Beelzebub[W]

Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment   Recruitment I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 6:49 pm

hmm, if this idea passes the leader's test, we might be looking for decent players to become testers, ei have them join the recruitment squad as testers. but either way it will need to gain the leaders approval.
Back to top Go down
~LocKeD~
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment   Recruitment I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 7:10 pm

If they want a tryout, why not simply just give them a tryout to make them happy?
Back to top Go down
XPQJ[W]
Enlisted
Enlisted
XPQJ[W]

Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment   Recruitment I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 3:05 am

i find that all the people with a record of never played that come in asking to join and want a test actually want a game and they are usually epic players.
Back to top Go down
~LocKeD~
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment   Recruitment I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 1:41 pm

They're pretty much smurfs that just want to bash players, knowing their good and wanting to feel better about themselves.
Back to top Go down
Beelzebub[W]
Officer
Officer
Beelzebub[W]

Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment   Recruitment I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 1:52 pm

Locked you sure, cause i tested this one guy and he bashed me. he ended up joining Razz
Back to top Go down
~LocKeD~
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment   Recruitment I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:01 pm

Well, to no offense, you're not the most skilled player in the clan.
Back to top Go down
ToXiC
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
ToXiC

Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment   Recruitment I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 3:17 pm

This post was meant to brainstorm ideas, not bash other members. Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
Tyrael
Enlisted
Enlisted

Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment   Recruitment I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 1:38 am

thats a grey area and will always stay one, you'll have ppl who dont want to tryout/tests etc and others who will and others whos imply dont care.
So theres no way your gonna get a balance unless you attempt to cater for all which would then potentially effect there path in the clan.

A test could go down officer/recruitment.

Tryout the more gaming squad.

Normal 'let in' would allow them to determine there path when they have decided.
Back to top Go down
XPQJ[W]
Enlisted
Enlisted
XPQJ[W]

Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment   Recruitment I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 3:09 am

I had 5 people come into the channel and ask to join and they wanted tests so i 1v1ed them and won each time! i almost cried that i was actually winning on low, they were all PvT battles too, but everytime the guy logged off of b.net as soon as he lost. As for a way to satisfy the needs of all the people that come into the channel, it has got to be impossible

Every meathod has its ups and downs were going ot have to pick one and stick to it, weather it be tests or no test, i say we do a poll.
Back to top Go down
~LocKeD~
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment   Recruitment I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 8:24 am

People that usually want to 1v1 for a tryout will either:

A.) If they lose, leave once they lost, feeling depressed about his/her skill level

B.) If they win, claim that the clan's skill level is too low and leaves channel

So, yeah, like Tyrael said, there's always going to be up's and down's.
Back to top Go down
Tyrael
Enlisted
Enlisted

Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment   Recruitment I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 6:29 pm

yea, so for the moment stick with the standard approach, if ppl dont wanna join because of that then there isnt much u can do.

We will have to look at redefining it soon so that it can cater for the 3 main grps of members ( gamers, Officers and undecided/standard)
Back to top Go down
Telephant[W]
Admin
Admin
Telephant[W]

Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment   Recruitment I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:26 am

When recruiting we don't require a tryout. If they do ask for a game as a "tryout", just let them make and game with them to satisfy their needs. If they beat you, they are good enough to join. If you lose, simply offer that they will improve their skills by joining the clan and gaming with our other members.

It's that simple.
Back to top Go down
http://clan-uwr.com
IG0tskill99[W]
Enlisted
Enlisted
IG0tskill99[W]

Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment   Recruitment I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:45 pm

I'm not the best either, (Try me on halo though, and you'll be in the grill of my warthog.)
Back to top Go down
Telephant[W]
Admin
Admin
Telephant[W]

Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment   Recruitment I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:18 pm

lol how is halo relevant :p
Back to top Go down
http://clan-uwr.com
Sponsored content

Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment   Recruitment I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recruitment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Discussion-
Jump to: